Balance & Strength
Are you enduring these Ankle and Foot issues?
- Pain/stiffness following an ankle sprain
- Pain on the inside part of your ankle after walking/running
- Prone to recurrent ankle sprains
- Stiffness in the ankle joint following a past injury
- Shin pain?
- Achilles tendon morning stiffness that eases with movement
- Sharp heel pain that’s worse in the morning than during the day
- Aching feet after being on it all day for work or sport
- Pins and needles or numbness in any part of the ankle or foot
Physiotherapy treatment can usually assist in the above presentations following a thorough clinical assessment.
Assessments help find the root of the problem to provide a thorough explanation of the diagnosis. Thereafter a treatment plan is prescribed that is tailored specificically for the patient.
Once a diagnosis is made, a series of hands-on ankle mobilisations in conjunction with soft-tissue releases is administered to reduce pain and increase function.
Percussive ‘Theragun’ therapy is used on the foot itself to begin alleviating the feeling of stiffness that can transfer all the way up to the calf muscles.
In addition to the above, an easy and simple home exercise routine is prescribed and demonstrated to ensure correct exercise technique is performed for maximum effectiveness.
In most cases of ankle/foot pain, improvements can be realised within 1 to 4 weeks, depending on the severity of the issue, however, some conditions such as Achilles tendon pain may take longer to resolve.
Persistent foot pain cases may be referred to our Acupuncturist for effective combined care to reduce the recovery timeline.
Have issues with your ankle or foot? Contact us at: 02 9939 0157
or Clink on this link: MAKE an ONLINE APPOINTMENT
Alternatively complete the form down below and we will call you: